Thank you for your interest in guest posting with Legal Reader. We’re always happy to collaborate for the benefit of your readers and ours.
While we can’t pay for guest posts, we do offer your own byline. This includes your name as you would like it to appear, a one-paragraph bio, and a head shot. You may reference your website, if you have one, in your bio. We also promote guest pieces by pushing them to our social media networks.
Our posting requirements are simple.
- Posts are a minimum 400-600 words long. We can run up to 1,500-2,000 words if the topic calls for it. We sometimes split longer pieces into two parts, if there’s a logical breaking point.
- Topics are typically your choice, but should fit with the overall theme of our site. We would like to know the topic ahead of the time you submit the post.
- Posts should be sent to email@example.com.
- We publish two images with each post. One is a “featured image” that appears at the head of the post. The other is an in-line image placed appropriately in the body of the post. We provide the images so as to ensure there is no copyright infringement.
- If you prefer to provide your own images, you must provide source information for proper attribution. This includes the photographer’s name if available, the website from which you sourced the images, and any licensing information (public domain, royalty-free, Creative Commons licenses). Without this information, your images will not be used.
- We encourage guest writers to share their posts with their networks (social media, etc.). All we ask is a link back to the article on our site.
Typically, our publishing calendar fills quickly and it may be up to two to four weeks between receipt of your article and publication. While we can understand requests for specific publication dates, we are not usually able to honor them do to the volume of submissions we receive. We always send links to guest posts to their authors when the posts publish.
If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to collaborating with you!