Do not wait too long to call an attorney if you are part of a road mishap. Prolonging your decision to hire a competent and trustworthy auto accident lawyer may make it more challenging to obtain the right settlement for your claim.
No one is ever ready to figure in a car accident. So, when it happens, the ones involved are left feeling confused or unsure of what to do. Since there is no telling when you will be included in a road crash, it is best to know when you should call a car accident attorney to help you.
A vehicular accident usually results in both economic and non-economic damages. If you are a car crash victim, you will likely incur expenses from medical bills and repair or replacement of your damaged property. Your inability to report to work due to physical injuries can end up in lost wages or earnings.
Some damages cannot be proven or quantified immediately, also referred to as non-economic damages. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an adverse psychological effect of being part of a road accident. Pain and emotional suffering caused by a car accident may manifest physically in the victim and prevent them from living a regular, healthy life.
A car accident is a serious matter that must be handled by legal experts. With a reputable car accident lawyer on your side, you can enjoy these benefits:
- Professional knowledge of state laws: A Riverside car accident lawyer understands California’s traffic and personal injury laws better than any other legal professional.
- Estimating the total damage: A competent auto accident attorney knows how to calculate the real value of costs incurred. To receive just compensation, you should seek the help of a car accident attorney to analyze the medical expenses, past and future wages lost, psychological effects, and damage to property (if any).
- Filing a claim on time: Every state has a statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim, which is two years. Failing to submit your request within the specified period bars you from getting any settlement from a car crash. A qualified car accident attorney will ensure that your claim is filed on time so that you can obtain the compensation that you deserve.
- Proving the liability of the other party: Experienced car accident lawyers know how to build a case to determine the negligence or responsibility of the party at fault.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies employ insurance adjusters to communicate with car crash victims, and may attempt to lower the real value of the damage. Riverside car accident attorneys deal with insurance companies to make sure clients are treated fairly. Insurers know that car accident lawyers are capable of representing you in court, so hiring a legal expert to lobby for your rights ensures you will get the settlement that you truly deserve.
When to Call a Car Accident Attorney
Seeking settlement after a car accident is tedious, so hiring expert legal representation is your best course of action. There are several reasons you should seek the assistance of a competent car accident attorney, including:
- The car crash resulted in severe injuries or death
An accident that killed someone or resulted in serious physical injuries will likely lead to a lawsuit. If you were involved in a road mishap and you suffered bodily injuries, you have to contact a personal injury lawyer immediately to recover the costs of medical bills.
It is not advisable to continue without legal representation if you were seriously harmed in an auto accident. A competent attorney specializing in wrongful death cases or personal injury will guide you through the claims process and possible counterclaims. Your attorney is also the best person to compute the settlement that you rightly deserve.
- You require ongoing care and are unable to work due to sustained injuries
If you sustained physical injuries that make it impossible for you to return to work, the right lawyer would ensure that you will receive the best possible settlement. This is crucial, especially if you were severely injured in such a way that your capacity to earn is adversely affected. The mental health of a car accident victim may also be negatively impacted, leading to anxiety and depression.
Personal injury lawyers are experts in car accident cases, so any medical treatment costs or missed work, now or in the future, will be computed accordingly.
- The party at-fault is uninsured
A reliable car accident attorney is immediately needed if the other party involved in the crash does not have insurance. Although the law may require drivers to carry insurance, there is still a possibility that some people on the road are uninsured.
If you were hurt in a vehicular collision, it is pertinent to know whether or not the at-fault party is covered by comprehensive insurance. In case the driver is uninsured, a competent lawyer will help you assess the options available, such as filing a lawsuit, if necessary.
- You are about to receive a settlement offer
Many car accident cases result in out-of-court settlements. If the other party offers to settle outside court, you should contact a car accident legal counsel as soon as possible to make sure the settlement offer is reasonable.
You have nothing to lose when you hire a lawyer who is experienced in personal injury cases. Your preferred lawyer should be capable of representing you in negotiations so you can be sure that you are getting favorable compensation.
There are other reasons why you should get in touch with an auto accident lawyer, such as:
- The accident report is unclear in stating who is at fault for the crash.
- The road mishap involves other people, like pedestrians, cyclists, and other motorists.
- The car crash is being blamed on you. In this case, a skilled car accident attorney is your best ally to collect pertinent evidence and prove your innocence.
Do not wait too long to call an attorney if you are part of a road mishap. Prolonging your decision to hire a competent and trustworthy auto accident lawyer may make it more challenging to obtain the right settlement for your claim. A skilled car crash attorney can help you weigh the options presented to you and receive the proper compensation for your suffering. Hiring a Riverside car accident lawyer gives you peace of mind that a law expert will help you receive the most suitable resolution for your situation.