While all the terms and laws mentioned above might sound confusing there’s really no need for you to start studying privacy regulations around the world.
- Address your clients’ concerns
- Abide by US and international laws
- Expand your business by using online services that require such a policy.
In this statement which will be displayed on a page of your website you need to explain what sort of information you will collect, such as:
- Date of birth
- Addresses (postal and email)
- Payment details (credit card numbers)
- Location (IP address, geolocalization)
- Social Security Number
- Social media info (if your site allows Connect via Facebook. Twitter, etc
- Other info (health details, physical description, etc)
Your clients need to know who else might have access to their data.
How to address clients’ privacy concerns
What are the privacy laws
Also, many email newsletter service providers require the same thing.