American Beef Packers, Inc. recently recalled thousands of pounds of raw beef that has been deemed unfit for human consumption.
American Beef Packers, Inc. is recalling about 25,000 pounds of beef after an inspection by the USDA’s Food and Safety Inspections Services determined the meat is unfit for human consumption. According to the recall notice and FSIS, “a carcass sample was erroneously released before test results being received.” From there, the “carcass was processed into raw intact and non-intact beef products.”
The affected products have the establishment number ‘EST. 34741’ printed on the packages and were shipped to federal establishments throughout Oregon and California. According to the notice, the following products are included in the recall:
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF CHUCKS” with LOT NO.110 and BIN No. 85 and BIN No. 86.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 110 and BIN No. 81, BIN No. 82 and BIN No. 83.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 25-110 and BIN No. 84 and LOT NO 110 and BIN No. 88.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 8/10 #1” with codes BT190821-1178, BT190821-1185, BT190821-1188, BT190821-1190, and BT190821-1194.
- 66.2-lb. case containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP #1” with code BT190821-1186.
- Bulk pack combo bin containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF SIRLOINS” with LOT NO. 24-110 and BIN No. 80.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TERDERLOIN 4 UP” with codes BT190821-1160, BT190821-1161, BT190821-1162, BT190821-1163, BT190821-1167, BT190821-1168, BT190821-1169, and BT190821-1170.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP” with codes BT190821-1187 and BT190821-1192.
- Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TENDERLOIN 3/4” with codes BT190821-1155, BT190821-1157, BT190821-1171, BT190821-1200, BT190821-1201, BT190821-1202, BT190821-1203, BT190821-1204, and BT190821-1205.
- 50-lb. cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS DESC: BEEF FOR FURTHER PROCESSING 75/25” with lot code 08347412719.
Fortunately, there have been no reports of consumers experiencing adverse reactions. However, anyone who has the affected products in their freezers should either return them for a refund or throw them away.
Raw beef recalled, deemed ‘unfit for human consumption’
The USDA Announced a Massive Recall on Raw Beef—Here’s How to Know If You Bought a Bad Batch
Join the conversation!