As one of the biggest contributors of greenhouse gases — contributing around 2.2% of global annual CO₂ emissions — the international shipping industry must make immediate and significant changes to help save the environment.
Emily wrote this piece for Sofar Ocean, a company whose goal is to create a data-abundant ocean and provide critical insights to science, society, and industries. As a first step, we deploy and grow the world’s largest real-time ocean weather sensor network which provides the most accurate marine weather information and forecasts to power industry-specific solutions. Sofar believes that more and better ocean data will contribute to greater understanding of our environment, better decisions, improved business outcomes, and ultimately contribute to a more sustainable planet.
Combatting the impact of biofouling on vessel efficiency takes a multi-pronged approach that starts with data.
- Blog vs YouTube Over Other Websites: How to Choose
- Behind the Story of Ghostbed vs. Purple Mattress Lawsuit
- Investigation Reveals Goodyear’s Dunlop D402 Tires Have Caused Dozens of Motorcycle Accidents
- How Green Are Those New Cassava Bags?
- Settlement Agreement Could Help Keep Mentally Ill Out of Washington Jails