Fuji Food Products is recalling ready-to-eat sushi and other products over fears the products might be contaminated with listeria.
Earlier this week, Fuji Food Products issued a recall for ready-to-eat sushi, spring rolls, and salads over concerns the products may be contaminated with listeria. According to the recall notice, the potentially contaminated products were sold at retailers and distributors throughout 31 states. Some of the stores the products were sold include “Trader Joe’s, 7-Eleven, Walgreens, Food Lion, Hannaford, Giant Eagle, Porky Products, Bozzuto’s, Supreme Lobster and Superior Foods,” according to the notice.
The issue itself was discovered during a routine FDA inspection of the Brockton, Massachusetts Fuji Food Products facility. Since the inspection, that facility has “ceased operations pending the outcome of an investigation.” When commenting on the matter, Fuji Food Products CEO Farrell Hirsch said:
“As responsible processors of safe, fresh food for nearly 30 years, we are addressing this problem vigorously and we apologize to those who are affected by it.”
The states affected by the recall include the following: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia and Wisconsin. Additionally, the following products are included in the recall:
- Okami 8-piece California Roll: 7-32869-28101-5, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Spicy California Roll: 7-32869-28102-2, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Supreme California Roll: 7-32869-28103-9, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Spicy Supreme California Roll: 7-32869-28104-6, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Classic California Roll with SO: 7-32869-28105-3, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Supreme Combo: 7-32869-28111-4, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Supreme Sampler: 7-32869-28112-1, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Brown Rice Classic California Roll: 7-32869-28122-0, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 25-piece Sushi Platter: 7-32869-28200-5, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 6pcs Sushi Platter: 7-32869-28201-2, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-piece Seafood Combo: 7-32869-28262-3, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami Tempura Shrimp Roll 6-piece: 7-32869-28114-5, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Okami 8-pieces Salmon Philly Roll: 7-32869-28113-8, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Trader Joe’s Smoked Salmon Poke Bowl: 603751, 11/20-12/04/2019
- Trader Joe’s Banh Mi Style Salad: 614719, 11/19-12/03/2019
- Trader Joe’s Shrimp Spring Rolls 7 oz: 908795, 11/18-12/02/2019
- Trader Joe’s Tofu Spring Rolls 7 oz: 921510, 11/18-12/02/2019
- Trader Joe’s Queso Fundido 16 oz: 646574, 12/10-12/24/2019
- Trader Joe’s 8-piece Spicy Cal Roll 8 oz: 348966,11/22-12/06/2019
- Trader Joe’s 8-piece California Roll 8 oz: 348997, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Trader Joe’s 8-piece Tempura Shrimp Crunch Rolls 8.5 oz: 513289, 11/22-12/06/2019
- Trader Joe’s 8-piece Smoked Salmon Philly Roll: 603775 11/20-12/04/2019
- Trader Joe’s 8-piece Brown Rice California Roll 8 oz: 909822, 11/22-12/06/2019
For now, consumers who bought the recalled products and have them in their refrigerators should either throw them away or return them for a refund. If you have additional questions or concerns, call (888) 667-1504.
Ready-to-eat sushi, salads and spring rolls recalled over listeria fears
Ready-to-eat sushi, salads, spring rolls sold at Trader Joe’s, Walgreens recalled due to listeria risk
Join the conversation!