Earlier this week, Country Fresh announced a recall for certain packages of pre-cut watermelon that may be contaminated with listeria.
If you’re a watermelon fan, listen up. Earlier this week, Country Fresh issued a recall for certain packages of watermelon chunks sold at Walmart and RaceTrac stores throughout Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Texas over concerns the melon may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. According to the recall notice, listeria was “detected on equipment used in packing this product during a recent FDA inspection.”
- Watermelon 4 x 10 oz – UPC Code: 681131180672
- Watermelon 2 x 32 oz – UPC Code: 681131180672
- Watermelon Chunks 2 x 42 oz – UPC Code: 681131180658
- Watermelon Spears 4 x 16 oz – UPC Code: 681131180665
- Summer Blend FTC 4 x 5 oz – UPC Code: 681131355094
- Watermelon 5.5oz – UPC Code: 74641000644
- Melon Trio 5.5oz – UPC Code: 74641031945
Fortunately, Country Fresh has yet to receive a single report of a consumer falling ill from consuming the watermelon. The FDA chimed in and said it has instructed Walmart and RaceTrac stores to remove the affected product “from store shelves and inventories immediately.” For now, customers who have the melon in their homes should throw it away immediately. If you or someone you know has a question about the recall, contact Country Fresh customer service at 1-877-251-8300.