Washington Beef, LLC. is recalling nearly 30,260 pounds of ground beef chubs products because they may be contaminated with extraneous materials.
Earlier this week, Washington Beef, LLC. issued a recall of more than 30,000 pounds of ground beef chubs products over concerns they may be contaminated with extraneous materials. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), the affected products were produced late last year on December 27, 2018, and have a ‘Use By’ or ‘Freeze By’ date of January 20, 2019.
According to the notice, the following products are included in the recall:
- 15502 DOUBLE R RANCH 100% GROUND BEEF 15503 DOUBLE R RANCH 100%
- GROUND BEEF 15602 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15603 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15604 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15606 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15607 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15608 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15609 ST. HELENS 100% GROUND BEEF
- 15518 DOUBLE R RANCH COURSE GROUND BEEF CHUBS
- 98505 SRF AMERICAN WAGYU BEEF FINE GROUND BEEF CHUBS 98506 BEEF
- BONELESS GROUND CHUCK BLEND SMOKED
It’s important to note that the recalled beef products were shipped and sold in one, three, and 10-pound packages and were only packed for “institutional use only.” However, they were shipped nationwide.
The issue itself was discovered late last month when a consumer filed a complaint with the company. Fortunately, there have been no “confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.” If you or someone you know have any of the recalled products in your freezer, it’s best to throw them away or return them for a refund.