Certain prepackaged salads sold at The Fresh Market and Target were recently recalled over listeria concerns.
When is the last time you purchased prepackaged egg or tuna salad? If it was recently, you may want to check the label, especially if you purchased those salads from a Target or The Fresh Market store. Earlier this week, a recall was issued for certain prepackaged tuna salad, egg salad, and Thai lobster salad sold at The Fresh Market and Target stores over concerns they may contain bacteria that causes listeria.
According to the recall, the specific products affected by the recall, along with their ‘Use-by’ dates and lot numbers, include the following:
- Archer Farms-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 12-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042A, Use By 12AUG2019 (printed on the side of each container) UPC 085239018682, distributed nationwide
- Freskët-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 32-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042, Use By 12AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Tuna Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906054, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Thai Lobster Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906041, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container)
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich Half Sandwich with Bacon, UPC 220505000002, distributed nationwide
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich on Multigrain, UPC 498780203566, distributed nationwide
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the affected products were produced on June 18. The issue itself when the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services visited the suppler, Elevation Foods, and tested several containers of the prepackaged salads. Many of those tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes. Fortunately, no illnesses have been reported from the consumption of the recalled products.
For now, the prepackaged salads have been removed from store shelves. However, if you have any of the affected products in your home, with throw them away or return it for a refund. If you have additional questions or concerns, call 866-761-9566 or contact The Fresh Market Guest Relations Department at 866-817-4367.